Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Veganatte does Chipotle

So I'm thinking it would be fun to post a "fast food" option once a week. I'm not going to lie, you won't find me posting anything from Burger King, McDonalds, or anything that might have fallen off of a Rutger's Grease Truck. I'll admit that I'm not the healthiest person alive or anything (Oh, Beer, how I love thee..), but I'm certainly not sending myself on a fast track to fatness either.

Anyway, my point is that while there are some days that I do like to fix myself a little something, other days I'd much rather veg out ::drum roll:: no pun intended and pick up something instead. In a perfect world (which in my version includes sparkly blinking signs so you'll never get lost anywhere and free coffee for all) this will accomplish a few things:

1. Let people know that being a vegetarian doesn't have to mean being difficult or starving
2. Vegetarians can eat at "normal" places
3. Our omnivorous friends may want to add more veggies to their diet. Even if it's just one meatless meal in a blue moon.

So here's what I opted for at Chipotle last night when I went to dinner with my omnivorous love:

"Veganatte Burrito Bowl"
*ahem: please do not harass Chipotle and ask for a Veganatte Burrito Bowl. I'm only promoting my blog and stroking my ego. Hey, it could happen, right?
Black Beans
Peppers & Onions
Corn
Lettuce & Tomato
HOT Salsa
Guacamole

These usually come with rice, but I opted out and got more beans in exchange. Also, if you'd prefer, you can still add cheese/sour cream. I'll be lenient in suggesting that, but I'm not about to endorse the flesh no matter how much of an environmentally friendly establishment we're talking about here. Another noteworthy option* At some locations, Chipotle even offers a "garden blend" option which is a blend of vegetables and gardein protein. Stay tuned for a future gardein<3 blog feature by your's truly.  It's not a long list of ingredients, but I can assure you I was pretty damn full afterwards. Also, I suppose now is a good time for me to warn you - I may steer clear of fat, cholesterol, grease, etc..but I do tend to cross the line with a sodium affair or two. It's nothing a quick potassium recharge and a tall glass of water can't fix though.

So there you have it! My very first official weekly fast food option. Yeah, I'll work on the name.

Xoxo
Veganatte

No comments:

Post a Comment