Saturday, November 13, 2010

Miso Hungry but I Don't Wanna Fork Around

After a few weeks of blogger's hiatus, I'm ready to bounce back. I've been home for a few weeks now, and started a new internship with yet another animal-friendly organization. As always, for confidentiality and don't wanna blow up my spot-ality they shall remain nameless. I'm considering writing a book on veganism and relationships in the future, but for now, I'll stick to whatever inspires me. If anyone's got any suggestions (or blog bitching), feel free to send it my way...

This post's inspiration happens to be last night's dinner (which partially became today's lunch..) I'm talking about SUSHI! Why do I love it so much? Maybe it's the convenient bite size morsels, maybe it's the fact that I'm too lazy to fork around my entire plate some days, or maybe it's just my secret salt-loving vice of a personality...Whatever it is, I love sushi.

Sushi was one of the things that kept me super hesitant to go vegan. I'll say it loud and proud: I was a spicy tuna addict. I found california rolls undeniable (..daisy dukes bikinis on top - Sorry couldn't resist). And yes, sometimes I do still crave these tastes but for sushi lovers out there it's important you know you can still be vegan and eat sushi! Some favorite options of mine have become:

Avocado cucumber rolls
Sweet Potato Rolls* I know what you're thinking: Puh-Lease! It's a potato in rice - It's obviously not for the carb-o-phobics out there, but seriously give it a try!
Asparagus Rolls
Miso Soup
Green Salad

The best part is you can usually get a pretty good bang for your buck! The worst part is, if you're like me you will probably get two pairs of chopsticks with your order, because people will assume it is for more than one person. Oh well. So[y] delicious, more for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment